Perhaps you have been considering ways to spruce up a room in your house, or are in the process of moving into a new apartment. Besides your main pieces of furniture, like seating and tables, what other ways are there to define your space as your own? For one, area rugs are an excellent way to enhance the appearance of your living space.
Below are ten reasons why area rugs beautify your home.
- Bold colors can help separate rooms - Many times, rooms are adjacent to each other with no walls to define them. In cases like this, an area rug, specifically one with bold and contrasting colors, can offer that clear distinction.
- Cleaning is Easier- Full on carpet can be a risky proposition in many spaces, especially when it comes to cleaning spills and messes. With a rug, you can simply pick it up and bring it to a sink, if needed, or outside to be beaten- weather permitting, of course.
- Protect Wood Floors- People spend large amounts of money on wood floors. This type of investment is often accompanied by a wish to keep the floor in the best condition possible. In high traffic areas, like under a dinner table, a large area rug can prevent a significant amount of traffic related damage.
- Aesthetics - Perhaps the floor has carpeting that has seen better days- an area rug is an economical and quick way to add a fresh visual splash to a less than ideal area.
- Warmth- Tile and wood floors can make for a chilling feel in the colder months of the year. Adding an area rug to a kitchen or bathroom is a great way to give a bit of natural warmth to the floors you walk on.
- Safety First - Some floors are prone to being slick, like wood or linoleum. This cannot always be easily detected, either. It can be prevented, though. Adding an area rug provides stability and traction to otherwise potentially dangerous floors.
- Welcoming Feel - Entrance Ways are a fantastic place for a smaller area rug, or even a large one, should the space call for it. Functionally, an entranceway rug helps remove unwanted debris upon entering your place. Aesthetically, it brings a sense of welcoming to guests to see an eye pleasing pattern, or inviting message upon their arrival
- Small Commitment - In a world of rapidly changing living situations, oftentimes, we don’t have the time or money to invest in fully carpeted rooms, or all wood floors. However, for a small amount of money, and the time it takes to go to the store, or order online, you can drastically alter the look and feel of your space with an area rug.
- Anchoring Furniture - Oftentimes, a large piece of furniture, such as a dining room table, can feel lost in a large room. By adding a patterned area rug underneath the table, the focus of the room is changed, and this gives everything a more “tied together” feel.
- Sound Control - Believe it or not, rugs also help absorb sound. For example, a thick area rug will help reduce noise heard downstairs that is created upstairs, which can be very helpful for those with children, or downstairs neighbors.
Breathe new life into your home by introducing a new area rug to your room. We invite you to browse our rug collections at PaylessRugs.com!