When it comes to buying a luxurious rug, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to ensure that you purchase the right one and that it lasts for many years. Here is a guide to help you with both of those tasks:
What Makes a High-End Rug?
There are several factors that go into making the types of rugs unique:
- The material: Silk, wool, and cotton are all popular materials.
- The design: Expensive rugs often have intricate designs that are hand-woven or hand-tufted.
- The size: They tend to be larger than standard rugs, so they can make a statement in any room.
What To Consider When Buying A Rug
Now that you know what to look for in an exquisite rug, it is time to start shopping! Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect one:
You need to make sure that the rug you purchase is proportional to the size of the room. If it is too small, it will look out of place, and if it is too large, it may overpower the space.
This ties in with the size of the room. If you have a rectangular room, then a square or rectangular rug will work best. If you have a more irregularly shaped room, then you will want to find a rug that is either oval or circular in shape.
You need to take into account the type and size of furniture that is in the room when you are selecting a rug. If you have large pieces of furniture, then you will want to make sure that the rug is large enough to accommodate them. You also need to make sure that the rug does not clash with the furniture in terms of style.
The type of rug you select should also be based on the purpose of the room. If it is a formal living room, then you will want to select a more traditional and elegant rug. However, if it is a playroom for children, then you will want to select a fun and playful rug.
As mentioned before, the material of the high-end rug is one of the key factors in determining whether it is luxury or not. For example, Jaipur wool rugs or silky Surya rugs have popular materials. Before purchasing a rug, consider if the material in the rug will be conducive to your space. For example, you might want to consider purchasing a wool rug for a living room since it is a durable and stain-resistant material.
Proper Caring Tips
Once you have found the perfect rug, it is important to know how to take care of it so that it lasts for many years. Here are a few tips:
- Vacuum regularly: This will help to remove any dirt or dust that has been tracked onto the rug.
- Spot clean spills immediately: If you spill something on your rug, be sure to spot clean it right away.
- Protect from sunlight: Sunlight can fade the colors in your rug, so be sure to protect it from direct sunlight.
- Professional cleaning: Depending on the material of your rug, you may need to have it professionally cleaned every few years. This will help to keep it looking its best.
Overall, buying and taking care of a high-end, luxury rug is not as difficult as it may seem. Just be sure to keep the above factors in mind, and you will be well on your way to finding the perfect rug for your home!
Not sure where to get started? Let the professionals at Payless Rugs help you explore options that include:
- Transcend Collection by Jaipur
- Hillcrest Collection by Surya
- Carrington Collection By Feizy Hand-Knotted Feizy
- Carrington Aldora Collection by Nourison
- Nourison Prismatic Rugs
- The Prismatic Collection By Nourison
We will be more than happy to help you find the perfect rug for your space! Contact us today!