CARE AND CLEANING of SPHINX ORIENTAL WEAVER RUGS
General cleaning and maintenance Sphinx Oriental Weavers rugs are manufactured with color, design and value in mind. They are also manufactured to last for years to come. But as with all things, care and cleaning will prolong the life of the rug. For general cleaning and maintenance, the following is recommended:
- Vacuum regularly to remove surface soil. When vacuuming certain fibers, such as wool, set the beater bar setting to the highest setting to prevent damaging the rug’s surface.
- Long ends may work to the surface after use or vacuuming. Never pull these ends out of the rug but rather trim them even with the rug’s surface.
- Clean spills and spots immediately. Never rub a spill, always blot to prevent fraying of the yarns.
- Periodic professional cleaning is recommended.
- Use an Oriental Weavers rug pad under all rugs, even indoor/outdoor rugs.
- Using a rug pad will extend the life of the rug.
- Rotate the rug at least once a year, twice if in high traffic areas. No matter how dense the pile yarns or how well constructed the area rug, constant traffic patterns will begin to show. However, this process can be slowed dramatically by rotating the rug. This not only adds years to the rug but also allows the entire rug to wear at the same rate.
Fiber/Construction specific cleaning recommendationsPolypropylene / Nylon / Polyester
- If spills occur, blot as much of the stain as possible with a clean cloth.
- Use a small amount of mild soap and water to clean the area.
- If needed, rug and carpet cleaners that are safe for synthetic materials may be used. As with anything, use sparingly and in a small, inconspicuous area first to test results before applying to the entire rug.
- Blot dry with clean cloth.